Friday, May 21, 2010

Kisses and Close encounters

There were exactly 2 of each, and I will now tell you about them. 

I spent a lot of time growing up with my community youth group.  Every summer I did 2-3 summer camps with them, sometimes as a counselor when I got to be a teenager.  It was the best time of my life.  I loved it.  One summer when I was about 16, we did an exchange with a group of city folks.  The first night we hosted them at a campground that had actual  tee-pees  for us to sleep in, guys in one, girls over the hill in another.  There was this one certain girl, Jill, that was attracted to me.  She was kinda cute, shorter than me, blonde.  After "lights out", us guys went back to our tee-pee, and about 15 minutes later, the girls came crawlin' in .  We all partnered off and started makin' out.  Well, most did, Jill and I were lying facing each other, actually arms around each other, no Book of Mormon would have fit in there.  She was not going to kiss me,  I had to kiss her.  Our noses touched, heck, our eyelashes brushed, but I had NO desire to kiss her.  So, I didn't.  Gross.

The next summer after one of my camps, I went out with another counselor to the drive in, yes we had a drive in, no theater but a drive-in for the summers.  Sadly, it's gone now.  Anyway, we were all pumped about the week we had had and didn't want our fun times together to end, so we went to the movie.  No, we didn't make out there.  I know that was the place for lots of that kinda of thing, but not for me.  After the movie I drove her home and we parked in her parent's driveway.  Literally parked.  Sat there, little chit chat, forced myself to kiss her.  Then said goodnight.  She didn't seem to want to get out, but too bad, I had nothing else to say, and really no desire to do anything else with her. Yeah, that was awkward.

Early at BYU, I met a girl, a skinny blond. I took her to a dance, left said dance with a chunky brunette. She was so into me, it wasn't funny.  We ended up in a "safe" kissing place.  There was as much BoM room as possible between us as we were standing there under the starry sky.  She keep going on about how it was just so beautiful and how we needed to kiss.  Heck, she told me I had to kiss her, I was like, uh no.  She insisted so I finally gave in, mostly just to get out of there.  I literally cannot tell you on how many different levels I was repulsed. 

Finally, the spring girl-choice dance at the Y.  I actually really liked this girl.  She had a Sarah Jessica Parker kinda look, and a great  personality.  We doubled with her roommate, whose date, I recall was pretty hot.  I don't remember much about the dance, but afterwards, we found one of those "safe" make out places. A playground.  We climbed into a tunnel and our bodies pressed together, no BoM room that time either.  The other couple started going at it, but they were a real couple, I was just with this girl as a friend.  But, we got close and closer anyway.  I think I even got aroused.  Noses bumped and kept going.  I might even say that our lips touched, but there was no kiss.  I just couldn't do it.  I didn't even want to.  I told myself it was because I was going on a mission, and I didn't need to be kissing anybody.  Is that the real reason though?

3 comments:

Lisi said...

What the hell does "own my own" mean? Did you mean to say "on my own"?

Clark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clark said...

Thanks for the question Pete. Why didn't anyone else ask, I wonder?
I will give you a multiple choice
answer:
a. whoops, typo
b. it was On My Own and some dumb Russian hacked into my blog and changed it to own my own, so I had to change it back
c. I own my own life, this is a play on the words of on my own, as I also often feel that I am in a singular situation
d. Who the hell cares?

But, again thanks, I know that I have readers that should pick up on such things, and let me know about them. I really appreciate honesty. And honestly, I know there are many mistakes in this blog, but I don't have the time to be as picky as I would like to be, I know if I didn't just do it, it would never be.